Customers keeping their eye on the ball will appreciate handheld food that’s unfiddly, packed with flavour and satisfying enough to sustain them through nail biting moments.
Here are some tips from Whirl for feeding the faithful…
- Make your summer sport menu prominent to draw passers-by or casual visitors.
- If you’re en route to a sporting event or a big screen showing, offer a quick and simple grab-and-go menu – even from a pop-stall outside if possible – with pastries, burritos, sandwiches and cool drinks.
- Offer samples of food to whet the appetite – particularly for those customers who hadn’t planned to eat until later!
- Sharing platters are fantastic for groups watching sport – there’s less commitment than individual meals and seeing friends tucking in will tempt others to indulge too.
- Grilled deli sandwiches, pulled pork sliders, hot dogs and mini quiches are great options for summer sport menus. Savoury pastry is quick and easy with Whirl – try our recipe.
- Try mini pastries with meats, chorizo, peppers and mushrooms, or add a touch of spice with vegetable samosas, as with our recipe.
- How about meal deals inspired by fixtures? When France play Australia, shake things up with a choice between a boeuf bourguignon baguette or a crocodile burger! Will customers choose the traditional deep-fried brik pastry from Tunisia, or bangers and mash from group stage rival England?