- Health is a key trend, with 47% of consumers reducing their fat intake, and a 50% rise in lower-calorie options on menus……
- however this isn’t hampering a strong desire among consumers for sweet treats too!
- Meat-free is still mainstream, with a 54.8% rise in vegan dishes on menus year on year.
- Breakfast is a growing sector, with a 6% increase year on year
- Feeding the FOMO generation: How menus must be all things to all people, both online and offline
ART OR CRAFT? IT'S A BIT OF BOTH
Creating great food is a craft. And, just as an artisan seeks out the finest materials, great chefs choose exceptional ingredients.
Today’s mindful consumers care about what goes into their food and look for:
It’s about the ingredients, the aesthetics, the craft and creativity. Good food today demands healthiness, mindfulness, sustainability and ethics.