Sesame Sweet BBQ Chicken & Ginger Rice
- Course Type: Main Course
- Serves: 4
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 6 tbsp Lion Grill Blazin’ Sweet BBQ Sauce
- 1 ¼ lbs chicken breast cut into strips
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 4 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- ¼ c orange juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Oasis Butter Alternative
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seed
- ¾ inch fresh ginger, grated
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- Sea Salt and pepper to taste
Pre-heat the oven to 350°F, line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
In a pan bring 2 cups of water, basmati rice, ginger sesame oil and a pinch of salt to the boil, simmer, covered for 10 minutes, let stand for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile coat the chicken in the Lion Grill Blazin’ Sweet BBQ Sauce and place on the baking tray, bake for 10 minutes, turn chicken, cook for a further 10 minutes.
Heat the Oasis Butter Alternative in a large skillet sauté the onions and garlic for 4 minutes, add the broccoli florets and cook for 6 minutes. Add the orange juice, honey, apple cider vinegar and the soy sauce cook until the sauce reduces and thickens. Add the chicken, pomegranate seeds and sesame seeds, mix well.
Remove the lid from the rice, fluff with a fork, divide evenly in 4 serving bowls top with the chicken mixture.